Smyrt, 68 Scary Gnome

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Smyrt
Whee!

Smyrt, 68 Scary Gnome

Postby Smyrt » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:57 am

The Basics

-Name: Smyrt
-Class: Necromancer
-Level: 68
-How many AAs? 198
-Magelo Number (if you have one):
-Is this character a main or an alt? Main
-List which keys and flags you have.

Keys: Seb, BoT Tower, Howling Stones outside, Howling Stones inside master key (Hand of Glory).

Flags: PoJ Trial, Factory, Hedge, TT, Grummus, Aerin'Dar, Bert, Sol Ro Tower (via alternate quest).

-Do you have a clicky buff item? Not yet - I'm open to suggestions.
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? Yes

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class? Versatility - depending on the location, I can be DPS, crowd control, puller, tank (well, my pet can), support class or some combination of any/all of those. I've even been main healer in an LDON - that was interesting.
-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) Grouping is always fun, either with old friends or new ones. I've also got a personal goal of visiting every zone at least once (but, for some reason, I haven't set foot in Najena yet). I'm also a 242 Tinkerer with Trophy. I'm a faction junkie - I'm max ally in Chardok and to CoV, and I can walk around all parts of Cabilis in complete safety.
-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like? Lately I've been grouping with longtime friends, trying to figure out this new expansion (shrouds have me perplexed at the moment). If they're not on then I'll check for a pickup raid, or maybe go solo a bit, or maybe do some tradeskilling.
-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) Short term - there are a few AAs I want to get that will make me more effective. Long term - I'd really like to finish the PoP flags. Pie-in-the-Sky - for some odd reason, I've always wanted to see Sleeper's Tomb.
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? Usually 8pm to midnight, Central time.
-Please list your alts on this server (just names). None worth mentioning
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave. I was a founding member and officer of Clan Breathnach. It took a very hard hit when EQ2 and WoW came out. I then joined Malum Ordo but it, too, has declined sharply recently.
-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why. Not currently guilded.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember. I was along for the most recent Bert raid. Thanks again - as I remarked at the time, everyone should have the opportunity to kill their own deity at least once!. Regarding other CN members, I know all the former Clan Breathnach people, and have grouped with other CN people over the years in various places (LDONs, pickup groups).
-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? CN is a strong family guild, and the set of values described in the Rules and Policies are consistent with mine.
-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded? I'm looking for a place where I can help out as best I can, among people whose company I enjoy, and have a lot of fun doing so.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes

Ommina
Whee!

RE: Smyrt, 68 Scary Gnome

Postby Ommina » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:08 pm

Smyrtie!

You'll have noticed I didn't replay on the other thread - I wanted it to die. Three pages for an application just seemed excessive.

-Do you have a clicky buff item? Not yet - I'm open to suggestions.

I know that you have an Eye of Innoruuk, which can be clicked from inventory. Have you tried that? I don't know whether other classes can use the effect from inventory or not.

Edit: It can't. Sorry, seemed like a good idea at the time.

---

Now then, about the Vi / Solaris thing. Uhm - why? This some sort of engineering thing? I mean, sure, one gets really good at the keyboard shortcuts (although I've long forgotten them), but... fow...
Last edited by Ommina on Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:39 pm

Hi, Smyrt. Thank you for your interest in CN and your application. If you haven't done so already, get with us ingame so we can give you our apps channel info. That's where we stay in touch, get to know each other, and all that. You're welcome to join us on raids and stuff. Looking forward to knowing you.
~Gala~

Smyrt
Whee!

Postby Smyrt » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Gala - thanks, I'll do that.

Omm - Eye of Inny went for Epic 1.0 (I'll wait for you to regain consciousness now....)

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:46 am

Hey, Scary Gnome. :) Get with an officer at your convenience and get sized for a CN uniform, lol. (Or at least a floating tag over your head.)