Application: One Wizard's return home.

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Seraluna
Whee!

Application: One Wizard's return home.

Postby Seraluna » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:29 am

Greetings everyone!

Those of you veteran EQ players of Vazaelle might remember this old name and face from a time when this wizard wandered aimlessly on, till one day, was ripped away from the server due to some unfortunate circumstances.

It's been two years since I've seen all your faces, heard all your names, and walked with you to defeat the mightiest foes and sworn enemies. I've returned though, since it was only a matter of time, nothing could really keep me away from my dearest friends and luckily for me, it wasn't too late, some of you are still here.

For those of you who don't know me, and have not met me, please let me have the honor to meet and group with you, I am pleased to introduce myself to you all, again.

I am Seraluna Frostbourne, formally known on Vazaelle as Seraluna Stellaluminada. About two years ago, I faced a very hard blow to my Everquest life when my characters were (all of them) moved off to Venril Sathir, but not by my doing. Instead of crumbling apart and starting completely over I chose to stick with my wizard and push on, where I had left off. I ended up joining Amenta. One of the top guilds at the time, on VS. I learned to raid with the best of them, and greatly improved my gear also.

Over time, I fell ill, I was no longer able to keep up with the raids, stay up late with my newer friends and I left the game to take a break, always knowing I'd return but when I did in fact return, Amenta had moved to EQ2 as a guild. I tried to follow behind them but I was always 2 steps behind and felt lost. Again, Amenta moved servers during a server split that I was away for, which again, left me alone.

In the time that I was not playing EQ, I played EQ2, SWG, DAoC, even a month of Horizons mixed in there, and then back to EQ2. Lately, I have been logging in more to EQ than any other games that I like to play. Monster missions have caught my attention as of late, and the prospect of raiding again has reawakened and revived some of my lost EQ spirit.

It has been a very long time since I have been on the same server as some friends I've known since my "teens" and I am happy to be here. Especially since, my best friend is playing again too! [hugs Dificeman]. He, of course, urged me to post here and apply, however I know I do not meet most of your requirements but I will work hard on getting up to par, as soon as I can.

As you have requested, my app in your form:

The Basics

-Name: Seraluna Frostbourne
-Class: Wizardress
-Level: 66
-How many AAs? 75

-Magelo Number (if you have one): (waiting for the magelo updater to work again to have everything accurate)

-Is this character a main or an alt? Main

-List which keys and flags you have. Sebilis, Howling Stones/Charsis, Emperor Key, Sceptre of Akelha Ra - Vt Key, BoT Towers - Enchanted Ring of Torden, Elemental Plane/Time Flagged, KT/Qvic Flagged

-Do you have a clicky buff item? yes

-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item?yes

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?

Plain and simple, I like blowing things up *laugh*, but if I had to say something besides that, I actually really like porting people around.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)

I like a bit of everything, but then again even though I CAN solo, I'm not one who really likes to do it. Nothing beats being in a group of friends, or guildmates helping each other out and having a blast doing it. I do enjoy tradeskilling when I'm just hanging around, not doing much hehe. Which I think is kinda contradictory when the other day I spent 4 hours making stacks and stacks of Misty thicket picnics just because I could hehe.

-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?

I play at odd times sometimes, since I live in Denmark, but I'm easily reached if someone needs help (by way of Msn/icq etc). Lately I come into game, chat with friends, go LFG, sometimes I'll hop from zone to zone with a /ooc for Lfg or tradeskill in the meanwhile (because I've always had to wait around for groups sometimes) and be around if friends (or in some cases friends of friends, hehe) need help.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

For short term goals, I would love to start raiding again, grouping more often so I can reach my personal goals of getting to level 70 and definitely more AAs. I would also like to raise more of my tradeskills, and for the long term I would love to have my epic 2.0 (I have my 1.0 Staff of Four) but I'm in no rush for that, just to be apart of something again, to be able to raid and meet people, and mostly have fun is really all I would like.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

I'm very random, but as I said earlier I am usually around, hehe if there's one thing everyone should know - Dificeman can ALWAYS get a hold of me somehow, he knows some secret wizard summoning spell or something. hahaha. I am in Denmark, which is GMT+1 or CET.

-Please list your alts on this server (just names).
Delonna - 51 - Druid
Dolche - 33 - Cleric
Fixation - 21 - Magician
Rosiekaposie - 26 - SK - (my baz mule)

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.
-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.

When I was previously on Vazaelle, I was in several guilds - if you need to know which I'll be happy to give you a list. Most of my leaving was due to guild disbandings, or just looking for something I felt was missing.

My last EQ guild however was on Venril Sathir - Amenta. I am currently unguilded.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.

Dificeman! My best friend, and a person I've known since ...forever hehe. There are others that I've met, of course but I'm kinda wishy washy on names, at the moment.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

I've had many experiences with CN in the past, all were pleasant, and seem to be somewhere that I could fit into, be apart of, and enjoy to be around.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?

Good friends and good times, that's all I'm really after. I don't have much to offer, but what I do have, and can help with, I'm more than willing to do so. I mostly just want to be able to belong somewhere. I love to raid, but even it's not necessary.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes, of course.

Thank you for reading this if you've gotten this far, I know I'm a bit long winded, sentimental and just down right silly at times, but hopefully I can find a place with you all, someday.

Feel free to call on me if you ever need me for anything, ports, nukes, someone to take DTs hehe...whatever ya need.

RE: Application: One Wizard

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:40 am

HUGS HUNNY! Glad to see ya app'd =) As always hit me any time i will help ya with leveling and getting some AA's schat. hehe secert wizzy summoning spell eh /snicker /whistles innocently i know not of that which you speak >< So great to have ya back on server again $$$$$ /hugs @}----

Dificeman
Whee!

Postby Dificeman » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:41 am

err ok above post was me no idea why suddenly i wasnt logged into boards ><

Seraluna
Whee!

Postby Seraluna » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:47 am

::tickles Dificeman then runs::

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:03 am

Great to see your app!! I look forward to seeing you in game soon, and By the way, wonderful app!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Seraluna
Whee!

Postby Seraluna » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:35 am

Just a little update. :) Thanks to Dificeman, Thornkin and several others along the way, I've reached level 68!! I couldn't have done all that without you guys, so thank you so very much.

And as promised, my magelo profile:

Sera's Junk

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:44 am

Nice. 8) Grats on the levels. Thank you for your app and interest in CN. If you haven't already, get our apps channel info from one of us. We'll see you there. :) Looking forward to knowing you. Any friend of Difi's is ... well, we won't hold that against you. lol, j/k

Dificeman
Whee!

Postby Dificeman » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:52 am

Hey now! Well umm what does that say about you gala :P

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:24 pm

I know Sera a littlebit... shes good person.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Seraluna
Whee!

Postby Seraluna » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:07 pm

Due to some RL circumstances, I might be away for a week or two, in the nearer future. We just signed the papers for purchase of a new house, and will be moving sooner than we (me and my family) had calculated.

So, if you don't see me on for a bit, this is why. I hope to be able to play in the between time, I just might not be on for a few days while they hook up our dsl. Just wanted to give a heads-up about this as it just came to my attention.

I sincerely hope that this does not effect my application process here too much and that I will be able to continue it, if it does cause some concern, please let me know what I might do to not make it an issue.

Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and messages here, and most of all to those people who have befriended me and helped me. ::hugs to you all::

I will post here when I know for sure I will be without internet, and when I will be returning but in the meanwhile, see ya in game! ::smiles::

Dificeman
Whee!

Postby Dificeman » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Hugs schat . Gratz on the new home hunny =) ... While I am not an officer and have no say so over the issue .. I dont think it will be too much of an issue since ya let everyone knwo before ya disappear and since you wont be gone too long.. Though again I am not an officer so i dont really know. I am sure Gala can reply and let ya knwo if it will be an issue.. In the meantime keep getting to know Cn'ers hun. /hugs @}---

Tsekande
Klutzy Beastie

Postby Tsekande » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:35 pm

Hello...one of the newer CN folk here looking forward to make your acquaintance. I'm not exactly a sauve Vah Shir, but if my past record holds any water, at least you might be amused by my antics - some days putting one foot infront of the other is a tall order. LOL
Tsekande Troublepouncer, 76 Vah Shir Beastlord
Henri Sootypaws, 26 Vah Shir Shaman
Dagrun, 24 Drakkin Magician
Nasrin, 17 Drakkin Monk

(Siggy under construction)

Seraluna
Whee!

Postby Seraluna » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:16 am

Unfortunately, there's been some delays, hang-ups and some random crap that's happened to keep me away from the computer/game. I sincerely apologize for this. I'm not sure when I will be able to have an extended amount of time to log into game, sadly.

Again, I'll try to keep you all posted with things. Thanks for the patience. :)

...::waves to Tsekande:: Pleasure to meet you too.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:47 pm

Hello everyone again! As you saw last night I have internet back at home finally (horray!) and am able to continue my app-process, if that's okay, of course.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday...and will have a great new year! I was sitting around most the time during mine, twitching randomly and foaming at the mouth from the lack of the 'net....Okay, okay it wasn't that bad but I was getting close!

Anyhoo...Just wanted to update my thread here, so there was no confusion or misunderstanding :). Hope to meet more of you soon! See ya in game :)

Seraluna
Whee!

Postby Seraluna » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:49 pm

oops, that was me ^^ -- Sawwies!