Level 70 Pink Ranger, 60 AA

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Qurillanea
Whee!

Level 70 Pink Ranger, 60 AA

Postby Qurillanea » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:52 pm

The Basics

-Name: Qurillanea Hollyheart

-Class: Ranger

-Level: 70

-How many AAs? 60

-Magelo Number (if you have one): 1204221
-Magelo is for level 62. I was 62 when DODH came out and decided to
-stop AAing and go on a leveling spree. As soon as Magelo comes up
-after this mini patch, i will updated it. i will post when that happens.

-Is this character a main or an alt? MAIN
-List which keys and flags you have.
-Trakanon Idol
-Key of Veeshan (old zone)
-Key to the lower depths of the Ruins of Lxanvom
-Talisman of Thunderous Foyer
-Grimror's Bracer grants access to the Ruins of Lxanvom
-With your talisman, you may enter Drunder as you were Diaku

also got seb, howling stones, couple various keys for doors in some zones.
key to Paineel.. heh.

thats my /keyring... for flags..

-not a lot of pop flags. killed a few gods and such but not many. I'll check
-them tonight and post what I have and dont have.

-Do you have a clicky buff item?:

Yes, one or two.

-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item?
-Yes, looking for a better one. Its from
-lodizal. I'm actually more likely to just use water breathing tribute for
-raiding. its cheap.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?

I love that rangers can fill a lot of roles. We are great pullers, DPS, okay at spot heals at higher levels. Theres just a lot we can do. Rangers are incredibly versatile, like mages if you will. Also, if I cant find a group I can go solo if i feel up to it, never a problem finding the xp. I like to solo Vxed nowadays.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)

Comraderie. A chance to get away from it all. Sometimes I'll just make a new character and solo for a couple of hours just for some solitude and something to do. Really depends on my mood.

-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?

-You are now entering Plane of knowledge
-You are now entering Qeynos
-A rat hits you for 1 damage, you die
-you have been slain by a rat
-loading please wait
-You are now entering plane of knowledge
-A ra... you get it? lol.

Right now I guess my typically evening is the general goal of getting on, tryin to have a little fun, and hopefully earn some AA and maybe loot.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

Eventually I will buckle down and get my fletching up again. its like 206 or 208 or something. Short term.. finish up my archery AA's. I have them all except for new stuff. I have trickshot 1 now, and no imp headshot (probably will ignore that for the time). I could stand to start smithing too. I dont see enough of the Wood Elf player made DoN armors EVER. I'm tired of complaining that nobody makes them, I'm gonna end up learning how and getting my skills up.

Long term I'd love to see the end game content all on this one character. Time, Qvic, Anguish, etc.

However a goal thats much more reality based would be to eventually get my epic 2.0. I have both the 1.0 swords.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

Evening. Usually about 7 PM PST is when i can get on. A LOT earlier on
weekends. I'm in the Marine Corps so my schedule gets really screwed
up a lot of the time.

-Please list your alts on this server (just names).

Vihskale
Lyrall Melodius
Zexyar
Jamjum (JAM not JUM... lol. This is my cleric box, lvl 53 atm)
Emillia (32 rogue box)

Few others I havn't touched in AGES.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.

My very FIRST guild was Twilights Shadow on the Vazaelle server. It was a great time and everquest seemed very majestic and grandiose. Those people were great players. I think my best buddy from that guild had to be Enchy Lada.

Eventually I tried to start a guild because TS fell apart. It was dubbed "Spirit Ward". But I was only in my 20s and struggling to level still. And at the time not many people were really new on vaz so I couldn't really recruit any other noob types.

Then I found a home with the Royal Defenders of Fen. I'd been hanging out with them for months, and eventually I gave up on Spirit Ward and asked for a tag. I ended up getting it and played with them for a while.

All good things come to an end... RDoF eventually broke up. A lot of members went to Tribal Fury. Eventually I did to.

Last couple years (has it been that long? Maybe just under), I've been with Tribal Fury. I will make no mistake about it. I love Tribal Fury, and I love its members. It was a wonderful guild for me. Lately my stress in EQ has become comparable to my RL stress and thats just not okay. I had a falling out with a couple of members in TF. Some things were said to me that I was just NOT okay with, and I ended up yelling with another guy in game. I deguilded shortly after. Theres just been a lot of events in TF lately that stressed me out, so I had to step back and say.. "damn. this isn't working anymore, and I dont like whats happening now. I dont like being angry like this.". I'm usually a very happy person, so all of that just really upset me. (I do like to complain when I die though :P). I talked with a couple of people, and one of them suggested I apply here.

-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.

Currently i AM tagged with a guild. I have my old <Spirit Ward> tag on. I petitioned to retag myself with it just so I could use the guild hall portals and aug pool. I'm the only one in SW. I didn't forsee that as a problem, but let me know if it is.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.

Wow I probably know quite a few, but I'm not looking at your roster. Names that come to mind right away are...

Goofydoofy (the goat man)
Torizzt
Eamile

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

CN has a really great player base, and I've never had a problem with any of its members as far as I've known. CN members always seem to be willing to help if they have the time too. I think back in the day someone guided my noobie bard through like 4 or 5 zones just to get somewhere to xp that was new.

Progressionwise.. CN is a little farther than Tribal Fury. Does that benefit me? Of course. Do I care ultimately where CN is in relation to TF? Not really. I have fun either way. Good people and groups always win out.

Ultimately sometimes change can be good. I love EQ just as much as I did when i Started.. more even. But I'm excited. Maybe CN will help put a fresh face on it again. At the very least its another family of players whom I KNOW are good people. In the end thats good enough for me.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?

I'd love to make more friends on EQ! More friends for the win! I like to be social. I love to chat. I talk... lots. Make no bones about it. As I said, I hope to meet up with some new people, and old friends I havn't seen much for some time, and maybe put a fresh light on EQ again.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No)

I have read the entirety of Celestial Navigators's Rules and Policies and understand & agree with them.

Galarina
Recruiting

RE: Level 70 Pink Ranger, 60 AA

Postby Galarina » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:45 am

Hi Qurillanea. Thank you for your interest and app to CN. We really appreciate that you took the time to write such a comprehensive application. Get with us ingame and we'll get you in our apps channel where we keep in touch, get to know each other, and all that. Looking forward to meeting and knowing you.

Tchien
Munkygurl

RE: Level 70 Pink Ranger, 60 AA

Postby Tchien » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:52 am

Yay pink!!!!

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:03 pm

-You are now entering Plane of knowledge
-A rat hits you for 1 damage, you die
-you have been slain by a rat
-loading please wait
-You are now entering plane of knowledge
-A ra... you get it? lol.

WOOT, next time let me come with, we can totally take on a decaying skeleton....maybe...no promises though!
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

Qurillanea
Whee!

Postby Qurillanea » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:30 pm

magelo updated!

you can now see me in all my gimpness.

sorry about the bright white background, the old one was a guild bg.

--

Bye the way. I am 'The Pink Ranger' cause back in the day a buddy gave me a few prismatic dyes. I got a couple extra with the little extra plat I had at the time. Then I got the bright idea to make all my armor slots pink.

wellll... i ended up not having enough plat to buy MORE dye later to change it.

so i ended up staying pink. Now I guess I'm just too lazy to go buy some. Hell ... one of you could give me some, but then I'd have to go through the trouble of messing with the colors of all my slots and stuff and .. bah... /lazy

Qurillanea
Whee!

Postby Qurillanea » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:46 pm

okay ran a flag parser, so i'm posting them as promised...(some of these aren't required progression but included in the flag parser)

updating this on Magelo as well.

I have...

PoJ Trial (any trial)
Grummus
Bertoxxulous
Xanamech
Keeper of Sorrows
Saryrn
HoH Trial 1 (Rydda Dar)
HoH Trial 2 (Villagers)
HoH Trial 3 (Nomads)
Tallon Zek
Plane of Valor/Storms
Crypt of Decay
Bastion of Thunder..

I dont have...

PoN Maze Event
Terris Thule
Aerin'Dar
Manaetic Behemoth
Mithaniel Marr
Vallon Zek
Agnarr
Rallos Zek
Solusek Ro
Plane of Nightmare B
Plane of Torment
Plane of Tactics
Halls of Honor
Halls of Honor B
Solusek Ro's Tower
Plane of Earth/Air/Water
Plane of Fire
Plane of Time

---

some of these are redundant, but this is how the info is shown.

says i dont have HoH or HoH B.. or Tactics.. but i have done access for both zones... whatever. lol

Dificeman
Whee!

Postby Dificeman » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:21 am

umm Dieing bothers you?? oh dear lord stay away from Silly , Necessitas, Galarina, Szork , Jhereg, or Myself then .. Consider this your warning ><

Qurillanea
Whee!

Postby Qurillanea » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:06 am

hey i've been away a few days... military bs. I should be on tonight.. see ya there!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:15 am

A ranger that does not like to die? You cannot have much play time lol