Ommina - 70 Wizard - Erudite. Usually.

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Ommina
Whee!

Ommina - 70 Wizard - Erudite. Usually.

Postby Ommina » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:30 pm

-Name: Ommina
-Class: Wizard
-Level: 70
-How many AAs? 323
-Is this character a main or an alt? Main
-List which keys and flags you have. Back door. Front door. Brother's house. Two for the car. One for an appartment at which I no longer live. And another that I have no idea what it opens, but I keep for reasons that escape me. Oh - ingame? Not as many. Very early PoP, I've never done much raiding. No elemental, time. The usual stuff on /keys, including "A Stone Key", that I've no idea what it opens, but I keep for reasons that escape me.
-Do you have a clicky buff item? Yes. At least one, maybe two.
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? Yes

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class? I originally rolled a wizard because it was a class that could port. What can I say? I only had the game for three days, and didn't really know WHAT I was looking for, except that "Wood Elf Warrior" wasn't it. Since then, I've happily adopted the wizard "DPS" persona. Big bangs make me feel all warm inside. But then, so does spicy food.
-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) Working with friends. I've found that it is the social aspect first - and as much as I might enjoy a good XP group, I will not login to raid / group / quest / whatever with people whose company I don't enjoy. I have spurts with tradeskill obsessions.
-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like? I am just returning to EQ from a five month departure from EQ, so right now, much of my time is spent wondering what all the buttons do, and where did these elixirs come from. If a group can be found, then yay! If not, I'm very... carefully... working on the Slipgear Gem quest. (And exploring Depths in the process).
-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) My immediate goals are to finish the important Depths AAs, get what spells I'm missing, and, ideally, find a nice robe that doesn't have a hood on the Erud character model. The first two seem more likely. Long term? Dunno really. Get done one thing and take it from there.
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? Mountain Time. I'm playing most evenings, schedule subject to change with the release of VS2005 and Wheel of Time book 11.
-Please list your alts on this server (just names). No alts of consequence. One character is enough, thank you very much.
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave. First guild: Mandate of Honor, which was dissolved (most dishonourably), one Saturday evening. Shortly after the release of Lucin. Second guild: Clan Breathnach, which, oddly, also dissolved while I wasn't around. While this did not surprise me to great ends, it was still a disappointment. /shrug
-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why. If I am, it will come as a surprise to nobody more than myself.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember. First CN raid: Fay for Toldor, for his druid epic. 30 of us. We lost. It was... a while ago. Recent raids - nope.
-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? Well, because CN is where the bulk of my previous guildmates (that still play EQ) from CBN has ended up. Certainly those with whom I played most frequently. They appear settled and happy, and speak highly of CN. As always, recomendations from those one trusts makes any guild attractive.
-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded? See above, really. Anything more would be repeating myself, and I've already started to babble.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No)/nod - yep

(I should proof read all this again. But won't. My attention span isn't that lon

Fuddara
Still floating about

RE: Ommina - 70 Wizard - Erudite. Usually.

Postby Fuddara » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:45 pm

Nice app Ommina! Thanks for posting it, can't wait to meet you in game, and see some of those big booms that make you so warm inside!

Seperoth
Whee!

Postby Seperoth » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:49 pm

Ommina and I both came from Clan Breathnach , so i know him from aways back. Figured id stepp in and say he's a cool person , has a good attitude and plays his character well.

Good to see your back bro. Will look for u ingame .

/Seperoth

Quait
Whee!

Postby Quait » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:23 pm

About time! glad to see the hourly, "did you apply yet?", "did you apply yet?", "did you apply yet?", paid off :twisted:

Oh, the post title reminds me.... /Quait writes in his little reminder note pad, "Don't forget to inform the other Shaman in the guild that they are not to sell or give any illusion potions to Ommina. There will be NO Illusion Addiction enabling here" :D

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:31 am

Back door. Front door. Brother's house. Two for the car. One for an appartment at which I no longer live. And another that I have no idea what it opens, but I keep for reasons that escape me. Oh - ingame? Not as many. Very early PoP, I've never done much raiding. No elemental, time. The usual stuff on /keys, including "A Stone Key", that I've no idea what it opens, but I keep for reasons that escape me.

That's ok, all reasoning escapes me more often then not, and I have two sets of wardobes in the bank that I keep.. Ony reasoning for them is that if I die, I can go get dressed again before I go searching for my corpse, but with the introduction of DoN, I now also keep them for reasons that escape me.. /boggle. Don't worry about me, I'm wierd.

Great to see your application, and yes, big booms make me feel all warm inside as well. Must be a live by or die by wizard trait. Hope to see you in game soon.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:57 am

About time! glad to see the hourly, "did you apply yet?", "did you apply yet?", "did you apply yet?", paid off

It was causing nasty emails from my ISP about going over my montly bandwidth limit. And it was only the 7th.

Don't forget to inform the other Shaman in the guild that they are not to sell or give any illusion potions to Ommina

Don't you believe him. Showering Ommi with illusion potions is a long-established tradition amoungst shaman, and one that I heartily support.

Halfling is especially popular.

It's the yellow bottle.

Saphirone wrote: Ony reasoning for them is that if I die, I can go get dressed again before I go searching for my corpse, but with the introduction of DoN, I now also keep them for reasons that escape me..

I am pleased to report that I managed to destroy / unload pretty much all of my extra CR gear, with the arrival of the guild lobby. (A notable exception being the "Seal Of Thurgadin" from the prayer shawl quest, which I just know is going to be useful someday.) Made a whole backpack for other Very Important Stuffs - now, if only I could do the same with the backpack full of Sky keys.

I must ask, though... I've tried more than once over the past couple of days to view the hidden subliminal message. I'm assuming the message isn't "Rasberry Soft Chews", since it is neither hidden nor subliminal. Do I, perhaps, need to keep the page open while I sleep?

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:19 am

now, if only I could do the same with the backpack full of Sky keys.

I do feel your pain. I don't even know what key goes where anymore!!

Beware. My diet consists of halfing, and I'm wanted dead or alive in Rivervale.

I must ask, though... I've tried more than once over the past couple of days to view the hidden subliminal message. I'm assuming the message isn't "Rasberry Soft Chews", since it is neither hidden nor subliminal. Do I, perhaps, need to keep the page open while I sleep?

GAH!! Your supposed to like the Rasberry soft chews. GAH! What am I going to do now, that I can't get it in there subliminally. /snicker. Actually it's one of many products I sell RL for the "Healthy Impaired" rofl!!!

*Edit* Low intelligence at 3:21 am makes me not want to spell things right, so I had to pop back in and redo it. BTW, MST here too.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Quait
Whee!

Postby Quait » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:53 am

Popping onto the site during my restless night of sleep turned into an adventure that had my poor tired brain all bewildered...

30 min ago the question i asked myself was, "what in the world is he talking about?"

29 min ago the question turned to, "ok, where did he see a mention of subliminal message?"

28 min ago i started reading all the sticky and announcement threads to find this illusive subliminal mention

20 min ago i moved onto the General puplic area's in desperation

10 min ago i sat here staring at the screen puzzled :?

8 min ago i decided that maybe i was over thinking it and i needed to start back at the statement and work my way focusing on the more obvious.

7 min and 45 sec ago i finally noticed the link in Saph's posts :shock:

7 min ago i stopped banging my head on the desk

6 min ago i started writing this post, I'm a rather slow typer

I really wish i was sleeping right now :evil:

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:29 am

Quait...you are not supposed to be a Barb shaman in real life! Why would you want to use potions for illusions? Ask the chanters as they are usually much less busy than a shammy:)

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:04 am

30 min ago the question i asked myself was, "what in the world is he talking about?"

29 min ago the question turned to, "ok, where did he see a mention of subliminal message?"

28 min ago i started reading all the sticky and announcement threads to find this illusive subliminal mention

20 min ago i moved onto the General puplic area's in desperation

10 min ago i sat here staring at the screen puzzled

8 min ago i decided that maybe i was over thinking it and i needed to start back at the statement and work my way focusing on the more obvious.

7 min and 45 sec ago i finally noticed the link in Saph's posts

7 min ago i stopped banging my head on the desk

6 min ago i started writing this post, I'm a rather slow typer

I really wish i was sleeping right now

AAHHHHHHHHH HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!@!!!! It IS Hidden, MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Derdarr
Whee!

Postby Derdarr » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:14 am

OMMM :) thats all i have to say... its great to see you back.... uh oh i said something else.. ok i'll stop now.

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:57 am

Saphirone wrote: My diet consists of halfing

Saphirone wrote:Your supposed to like the Rasberry soft chews

Eep! Just what kind of 'health food' is this? And what... exactly... makes them chewy?

On second thought, I don't want to know. Really. No, I think it would be best if I didn't.

As an aside, though, I admit I'm quite entertained by the way the drum player (on the TNI page) gets all sad if you click on him to turn off the sound. Almost makes me feel guilty enough to turn the sound back on.

Oh! The discussion of Sky keys HAS brought another point from the application to mind, under "Long term EQ goals": To collect all of the stuff I've gathered and kept "just in case it might be useful" to four characters worth of bank storage. Honestly, I WOULD buy another expansion if all it offered was more bank space.

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:53 am

schedule subject to change with the release of VS2005 and Wheel of Time book 11

When is this book comming out?

First CN raid: Fay for Toldor, for his druid epic.

Doh, I think this was my first and last CN raid that I ever lead. It was a nightmare, but that was before we had raid tools/window.

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:18 pm

When is this book comming out?

October 11. (I thought it was early November, but apparently I was confused.)

Doh, I think this was my first and last CN raid that I ever lead. It was a nightmare, but that was before we had raid tools/window.

Let me check the logs.

(Fasciniting tidbit. Or warning, depending on your point of view. I have Ommi's logs since day one. Always handy for looking for incriminating OOCs...)

You'll be happy to learn that this particular nightmare was lead by Wist, so you're off the hook for leading it. If you're interested in knowing, you were in group three. Of five. Five groups for Fay... and we lost. /boggle

On the plus side, it was also the raid that I learned there was such a thing as KEI.

Oh! One of the app questions was for CN member's names. Well, here we go! "Kiske Eikya Bettan Vorpaal". If they still happen to be around and remember August 06, 2002, you can ask them about me.

:tongue5:

esutac
GSKCHA

Postby esutac » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:56 pm

Glad to see you're appin Omm. I wear a tee shirt that has the GoD box on the front and DoD on the back. Both have red circles with slashes through them. History shall not repeat itself this time, wizzy.

Watch out for this guy. He makes SKs work for aggro :)
Journeyman Fisherman Esutac Nemrakta of Vazelle: Proud ScourgeKnight of the Navigators

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:25 pm

Ooooh Another Meleeing Wizzy!! Maybe I won't be the only one eating enrage!!!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:32 pm

I wear a tee shirt that has the GoD box on the front and DoD on the back. Both have red circles with slashes through them. History shall not repeat itself this time, wizzy.

I predict no clerics will ask you to go do Depths to help them with their epic, so you're right. No repeat of history on that count.

That said, I firmly believe that you want - nay, are anxious, to pick up DoD. You just don't realize it. But don't worry, I'm here to educate you. Forcibly and repeatedly, if necessary.

More seriously, though, for the cost of it, Depths is worth having. Slipgear Gem is a nice little charm item, if a bit stressful to max out solo. The Monster Missions are (well, the one that I've done) quite entertaining, and fit in nicely when you only have an hour or less (although, I don't think I could stomach a steady diet).

It has been argued, with some justification, I think, that the rewards for some of the missions are a bit out of line with their difficulty, but -- if you could just find a way to hold aggro -- I believe you could handle them.

And if not, well, you can always dress up like a salamander. That's handy.

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:35 pm

Ooooh Another Meleeing Wizzy!! Maybe I won't be the only one eating enrage!!!

I havn't asked for haste in ages! Besides, my Ruined Heretic Longsword, while still beating Esu for holding aggro, just isn't what it used to be for DPS.

esutac
GSKCHA

Postby esutac » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:10 pm

In the words of a great shaman,

"Bite me wizard"

:)
Journeyman Fisherman Esutac Nemrakta of Vazelle: Proud ScourgeKnight of the Navigators

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:02 am

I was going to say I might have been at that raid too, I know I did a few failed Faydeladedar hits back then

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:43 am

I don't have to ask for haste, it's given to me upon walk in, ROFL. I'm usually clicking it off, unless, of course we're hitting mobs my Wand Of Musing wants to beat. Then It's On like Donky Kong!!!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Quait
Whee!

Postby Quait » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:15 pm

Ommi's LoD (Log of Doom) frightens me

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:00 pm

OMG Ommina! not sure if you remember me but I was in Mandate of Honor way back in the day. High elf mage. good to see you app.

Freyalefey

Postby Freyalefey » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:49 pm

WEEE!!!!! OMMINA! Did a solid tour of duty with this wizzy back in CBN days... without a doubt Ommina would be a great asset to CN. I know he was helpful and informative and always up for something, (even if it was beneath him lvl wise). Not to mention... his overall good sense of humor about the game and ... ah well he is just kewl.... get him in here!

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:15 pm

HIYAS OMM ! ! ! omg hun its been forever ! ! so glad to see your app ! ! ! now maybe i can finally have some backup against that evil SK Esu... muahhhaahhhaaa ... im guessing your one of the 3 .. errr 4 peeps that can take aggro off him LMAO .. or so he says ..

see u soon
Ladysno

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:15 pm

HIYAS OMM ! ! ! omg hun its been forever ! ! so glad to see your app ! ! ! now maybe i can finally have some backup against that evil SK Esu... muahhhaahhhaaa ... im guessing your one of the 3 .. errr 4 peeps that can take aggro off him LMAO .. or so he says ..

see u soon
Ladysno

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:17 pm

OMG howd that happen? double post ? or am i just seeing twice as nice drood... guess my puter isnt fixed all the way LOL

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:57 pm

Finamdar wrote: not sure if you remember me but I was in Mandate of Honor way back in the day. High elf mage.

Eep - you've got a better memory than my aging mind. Had to REALLY think back on that one.

Tell me, though, did you ever get your bard out of Shar Val?

I actually got a cross server tell from Mandate's GL a long while back. Can't say I was especially chatty. I'm still not thrilled with they way he handled things. I visit his (MoH's) web site every few months as well, out of some pervese sense of curiosity. I've watched it go from a Vaz guild, to some other EQ1 server guild to WoW (I THINK), and now it shows EQ2. An example of stability they are not.

Interesting tidbit: I was actually going to apply to CN after MoH went away, but went with CBN instead. Ah, irony.

Not very interesting irony, I admit.

Freyalefey wrote:without a doubt Ommina would be a great asset to CN

Ah, you are far, far too kind. I admit, though, that it is really quite nice to see the number of familiar friendly faces that I'm seeing!

Esutac wrote:In the words of a great shaman,

"Bite me wizard"

/me looks bemused.

??

Only shaman that I can think of saying that is Quait.

Who are you thinking of?

Sno wrote:im guessing your one of the 3 .. errr 4 peeps that can take aggro off him LMAO .. or so he says

There is a trick, of course, with managing aggro behind Esu. I find that so long as I stick to Shock of Fire, things are just fine. Works great with the Fire flappy focus, and, as an added bonus, the manabar lasts forever!

It is most apparent that Esu should have rolled a halfling paladin instead. /nod

Sno wrote:OMG howd that happen? double post ?

It just means you're twice as happy to see me!

----

Anyway - thank you all for the kind welcome and words here!

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:39 am

There is a trick, of course, with managing aggro behind Esu. I find that so long as I stick to Shock of Fire, things are just fine. Works great with the Fire flappy focus, and, as an added bonus, the manabar lasts forever!

Thats golden.. and for those not wizzies. Shock of Fire is our lvl 4 spell
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:53 am

It's the yellow bottle.

Halflings just tell ya that's what is in the bottle. Fantastic application and I love a good message board addict. With all that and you being a wizard, I'd hope you're a regular at Graffe's. My apologies if I've ever called you a cold-hearted corporate pig over there :)

Look forward to meeting you.
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker