Rendus - 70 Cleric and minions.

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Rendus
Nekoconeko

Rendus - 70 Cleric and minions.

Postby Rendus » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:59 pm

The Basics

-Name: Rendus
-Class: Cleric
-Level: 70
-How many AAs? 281
-Magelo Number (if you have one):
Rendus' old magelo can be found at http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=483643 - It's more or less current, although the person that nabbed my account sold off the few items worth anything (my bags, my horse, and so on). Nothing major, really.
-Is this character a main or an alt? Raiding main.
-List which keys and flags you have.
TOSR, alt access to Fire, alt access to Time, KT, Ikky4+Uqua for Qvic.
-Do you have a clicky buff item? Yes
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? Yes

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?
Clerics. Gotta love 'em. No, really, look, it's in the manual. Page 18.
-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
I play MMOs for the people, and have never met a better bunch than in EQ, and have never met a better bunch in EQ than CN.
-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?
Right now, I'm leveling various alts of lower-stress classes. I'll explain further below.
-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
For Rendus, long term goals are more AA and individual progression.
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I'm on Pacific time, play mornings or evenings, and work at night.
-Please list your alts on this server (just names).
Fnarp the mage, Roawr the beastlord, Torlis the bard.
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.
In EQ, I've only been in 2 guilds. Celestial Navigators and Eye of the Deceiver. I left CN to join EOTD for various reasons, the biggest one being that I was looking for.. Something. I couldn't put my finger on it, but at the time I thought I was looking for hardcore raiding and progression. I discovered that wasn't it, and retired from EQ (again!).
-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.
I am not a member of another guild.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.
*Grins* I know a large number of CNers - And I like to think a lot know me. Time will tell on that, eh? But I did leave the guild, and lose touch with it, several months back, so there are a signifigant number of people I do not know.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I miss CN, plain and simple. I miss my family, and hope that they can look past the things I've said and done in the past to give me another try.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?
I hope to mend friendships that I previously damaged with my departure from the guild, and multiple departures from the game. I hope to help CN in any way I can.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes I have.

Now, for a bit of freeform information.

Some time ago, a very close friend and I had a bit of a falling out. This friend had full access to my account, and I to theirs. Unfortunately, I never thought to change the information on my account, and when the servers merged, they took advantage of the situation and stabbed me in the back, moving me to another server, changing my character's name, and a few other nasty, unrelated to the game, things. At the time, I wasn't really playing, and didn't really think much of it, or worry about it... But as time wore on, I wanted my character back. Only very recently did I manage to dig up the proper information for account recovery, and used it to regain my account. When funds permit, I'll be moving my character back to Maelin. Yay drama!

For those who know about the character, Moraine the Enchanter will not be making the journey back with me. Or at least not until I have an abundance of cash to make that transfer.

My current plans involve starting a character, non-healerish, that would be good for the guild and that I would enjoy playing as a grouping-main. I've come to the conclusion, after all the searching across EQ and other games, that what I dislike about my EQ character in particular is being stuck to the keyboard, and want to play a main that I can walk away from for a second or two without dire consequences. (Rangers, I'm looking at you here ;))

I will likely be raiding with Rendus most of the time - He is, in my heart, my main. I will also probably group with him from time to time, but will probably spend most of my time on my lower-stress characters.

With all that out of the way... I'm sure at least somebody out there's going to ask who I am, so I'll try to answer as well as I can here.

I joined CN late 2002, early 2003, not long after my then friend, then future roommate Moraine joined the guild. My very first experience with CN was the day I was guilded, raiding the giant yak in Umbral Plains. While not my first MMO raid (that honor goes to various activities in Dark Age of Camelot), it was my most memorable, to this day.

I left EQ for SWG, then came back nearly immediately - Doubt anyone even noticed this one ;) I left again for FFXI, and was gone awhile, but came back. I left AGAIN for WOW, and came back... And left once again, but not EQ but rather CN itself, joining up with Eye of the Deceiver. I didn't leave to skip ahead in content, or to gear up, or to do anything but try my hand at daily, hardcore raiding.

Well, if you ask the people in CN that know me, they'd probably tell you that I can be a rather gruff person - I'm more to the point than some, and that rubs people the wrong way. Well, it rubbed a whole lot of people the wrong way in EOTD, and I quickly lost interest, and retreated to WOW. Around the same time, the aforementioned server move and such happened, and I really couldn't bring myself to care at the time. I thought I was done with EQ, like the fool I am.

I left WOW for EQ2, giving it a try, and met up with the people who moved from CN EQ to join Order of the Open Hand in EQ2 - Ryana, Dareba, and so on. I figured, hey... They're friends, and it's something new.. The best of both worlds, right? Well, I love them to pieces, but it really just made me miss CN that much more.

And so here I am, coming full circle to apply to CN again. I gave all the information above in the interest of making sure people know who I am, my past with the guild, and so on. Rendus (with a new name, sadly) will be back on Maelin as soon as I can arrange for it. In the mean time, in-game, you can catch me on as my mage Fnarp.

I can only assume this will be posted to the apps board for voting, so I'll mention one last thing here in the interest of full disclosure: I already have access to the boards, and will be able to see what is posted in reply to the thread. Despite that, I encourage anyone with an opinion about me, positive or negative, to post what they will. I'll try to not look at the thread, but you know how curiosity can get the better of people, and I won't take offense to anything said.

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

RE: Rendus - 70 Cleric and minions.

Postby Teory » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:16 pm

Hehe welcome back Rendus. If anyone thought I could resist reading a topic titled "Teory"...well it'd take a better person than I.

Look forward to seeing you in there. Shoot me a tell when you land on a character and I'll come shroud hunt with ya.
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:20 pm

Hehe... I've got SOME self control.. On occasion..

Now where'd I hide those cookies I wore I wouldn't eat... Mmh.. C is for cookie...
<a href="">Test</A>

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:23 pm

COOKIES!!!!! And Chocolate!! YES!!!! You know I'm so supceptable to sweets!! Oh the torture, the agony, of having to share Cookies!!

/giggles I'm sure I speak for most of CN When I say we missed you, and are so greatful for you. We wouldn't have our cute awesome totally spectacular (And I AIN'T lyin!) website without you and your constant support. If at all I can group with you, I will, but like I said in my Peaches post, I will be out for a week due to slow phone company transferring my DSL.

See you soon!!!!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:26 pm

Hehe... *ties a cookie to a string, dangling from a high treebranch just to tease Saphi*

Well, I don't want the website thing to influence anyone - The website will carry on regardless ;)
<a href="">Test</A>

Vortecks
Whee!

Postby Vortecks » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:05 pm

want to play a main that I can walk away from for a second or two without dire consequences.

Wizzard!!... I can never tell when or if they ever nuke..... but ranger is a good semi afk toon also!! /autofire :D

Welcome home bro!!!

If you want to play a ranger and see if you like it, let me know. I have one that you can use over the next few months, while we are moving and what not.. I don't have the latest expansion for him yet, but plan to. Just PM me if you are intrested
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=717697">Vortecks 75 Shaman</a> <i> Uber Alt Twink </i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1141910">Ashlarus 75 Warrior</a> <i>The tank formerly known as Big Red</i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1248958">Viencent 73 Ranger</a> <i>Retired again</i>

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:13 pm

Heh.. I might take you up on that offer sometime, just to play around with it. I'm thinking BL, Bard, Necro or Mage mostly.. Wizzy and Ranger are also under consideration :) We'll see.
<a href="">Test</A>

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:13 pm

Rendy I have a level 50 bard you can take for a spin if you want to try one out! He would need gearing up and all and don't have a clue as to flags, keys etc. Here's his magelo...<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1145475">Gatito</a>.

There is also a lvl 65 chanty and a 65 SK on the acct. along with some other lower level toons. It is Dracozz's old account that he left me when he quit so Drac and Bruujo are already guilded. Send me a PM if you're interested in any of them :D HUGS! /poke
Ryana

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:19 pm

*teeters, wobbles, then finally falls over*

Hehe.. I'm playing on a wizard right now. I'm familiar enough with the ways of the bard to know how I'd like it ;) I might bug you later on for the info, though. I certainly appreciate the offer :)
<a href="">Test</A>

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:58 pm

*Sigh* now I'm bummed out! Rendus... oh Rendus *scratches behind his ears* I missed you when you left, and now I'll still miss you til I come back. I'm so happy you are coming back, like happy - I had ice cream with hot fudge, kinda happy.

I can be a rather gruff person - I'm more to the point than some

This is my favorite part about you, honest and to the point - sometimes boardline boobish - but heck, in my experience that makes for a more interesting conversation. :twisted:

Welcome back - Narf.
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:08 pm

Oh so glad to see this app. I've missed seeing you in game, and missed seeing your wonderful take on events. ;)

Welcome back, and hope to see you running around with the CN tag soon!

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:10 am

I would be ecstatic to see you in CN again Rendy. Welcome back. :D

P.S. How's about you fix us all up with some new smilies, eh? :wink:

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:18 am

*snickers* I might be able to arrange something like that. Maybe.

...No. ;)
<a href="">Test</A>

Lachaise
Whee!

Postby Lachaise » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:44 am

Glad to see you want back in bro, can't wait to see you around.

Roladena
Whee!

Postby Roladena » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:41 am

C is for cleric =)

Wizard can be a fun class... there's a lot to be said for BOOM! Our job is basically to make the meanie go splat before the healers run oom for the main event and seeing who can get summoned the most (who cares about healer mana then) during the plow parts. It probably lacks the intensity of being in the cheal chain, which you may miss somewhat, but like Vort said, it's the perfect ninja-afk raid class if you're inclined to.

In any case, you look flat out wrong with anything other than Celestial Navigators under your name, whatever it is. Sorta like mismatched socks or a bra with a halter.

samane
Whee!

Postby samane » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:53 am

Hi Rendus
Glad you coming back. What is the cleric toon's name now?
Love and Hugs
Samane------------(still hails corpses)

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:54 am

*looks down at his bra and halter ensemble..* Hey.. What's wrong with that?

I'm playing around with a wizzy at the moment, actually - Blowing things up has proven to be amusing so far :) I'm now torn between mage, wizard and ranger...

*edit*

Oh.. I'd rather not get into his name and such until I have him safely back on Maelin :P

Truthseeker
Whee!

Postby Truthseeker » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:26 pm

Rendus

Welcome back and welcome home :).

Truthseeker

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:52 am

I already have access to the boards, and will be able to see what is posted in reply to the thread.

For anyone who's not aware (and since Rendus is modest) Rendy is actually responsible for our lovley website. Even when he played other games & was in EoD he still helped us out behind the scenes here with this.

I encourage anyone with an opinion about me, positive or negative, to post what they will.

He's tough, he can take it! I've said a mouthfull to Rend and he still talks to me ;)

/em Walks up to Rendus and stares ...waiting for him to fall to the ground.
Welcome back to EQ old friend, it is certainly good to see you :)

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:58 am

*wobbles and falls over from the mere breeze of Silly's movements. Darn wind-generating elfears!*

I'll be applying for the transfer of Ren back to Maelin this Friday, should be back on the server in ~7 more days.
<a href="">Test</A>

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:14 am

Glad to see your app Rendus. Althogh, it really dosn't seem like you we're gone. Since every once in a while we would see your presence on this site. Thanks for all the hard work bro.