68 Ranger Application - Zady

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Zady
Whee!

68 Ranger Application - Zady

Postby Zady » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:14 am

The Basics

-Name

Zady

-Class

Ranger

-Level

-How many AAs?

-Is this character a main or an alt?

Zady is my main

-List which keys and flags you have.

Keys:
Key to Old Sebilis
Key to Aerin'Dar's lair
Lower depths of the Ruins of Lxanvom
Also have half a Key to Charassis (I'm slacking, I know)
Working part-time on Key to Vex Thal - have only 2 shards atm

Flags:
PoJ Trial
Plane of Tactics
Crypt of Decay
Crypt of Terris Thule
Plane of Torment
Torden, Bastion of Thunder
Halls of Honor
Plane of Torment and Saryrn
Plane of Earth

That was copied from my Magelo info.
Basically, I know I have killed for PoP Progression:
PoJ Trial of Execution
Hedge completed
Grummus defeated
Manaetic Behemoth defeated
Terris Thule defeated (thanks to one of Jhereg's pick-up raids)
Aerin'Dar defeated
BoT Key quest in PoStorms completed
Carprin Cycle completed
Bertoxxulous defeated
Tallon Zek defeated
Vallon Zek defeated
Fennin Ro Defeated (I wasn't there for that but got to hail and get a globe)
Mareeq / Free Tylis event completed (thanks to a joint raid with <Walkers>)
Saryrn defeated (same raid as above with <Walkers>)
I also did the alt access for Sol Ro Tower (Banished Efreeti Heart)

and most recently thanks to another of Jhereg's pick-up raids:
Xuzl, Arylixr and Jiva defeated. I'm so upset it was really late and I needed to leave =/

-Do you have a clicky buff item?

Not at the time of this posting, but easily remedied.. if people have suggestions on what would be good, I would appreciate that =)
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item?
Yes, I carry a Lodizal Shell Shield in my inventory, slap it on as necessary.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?
There are a lot of things I enjoy about my ranger. SoE is my favorite! Something about running about while levitated and shooting my bow just makes me smile. I don't mind pulling.. even if I am a little slow at it until I get used to the lay of the area or the group I am working with. I also enjoy foraging and often send many many tell links to my best friend here in EQ about what wierd stuff I managed to forage.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
Everquest is filled with so many places and things to do.. I like to explore new zones with friends. We laugh if we die, we laugh if we find it's full of mean greenie mobs. I've been playing EQ just one year now, and have yet to see everything.
I have a fondness for raids, especially well planned out ones executed with a hard working team. The others that don't turn out so well... If you could see me IRL, I am probably having a giggle fit over it. Failed raids nothing to get upset about even if it's that one person who just wouldn't listen.. I still giggle =p I would have to say raiding is my #1 Favorite thing to do.
Grouping is such an odd term for me. I hardly ever group.. but not because I do not like other people... it seems EQ is lacking in people who want rangers to group. I often end up just duoing with my shammy friend (the previously mentioned best friend)
Soloing.. what's that? I avoid soloing like a fiend unless I am farming greenies. I'm a ranger, I die a lot =p
I do tradeskill, but not on my main (with the exception of getting to 200-ish in fletching). I have my little enchanter alt all set up for that. I tradeskill when I can't find groups or just need something to do. It's quite a money sink for someone who lives group split - to - group split. My enchanter's tradeskills are just too addictive to stop, though. She is currently 258 Jewelcraft (270 modified with GM trophy), 95 research bleh, 200 baking, 200 brewing, 200 pottery, 200 fletching, 180-something in tailoring, 157 blacksmithing. I had a lot of time on my hands.

-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?

Lately grouping has been lacking. I look for my friends to see if they want to do anything, but hardly any are on that early.. lol. Then the fun starts.. I check out my buffs and debate soloing in Bloodfields or someplace equally safe..
I put myself on LFG if I think I'll just die soloing... and after about 2 - 3 hours LFG and chatting in guild chat, I log on my enchanter and tradeskill until someone logs on that I ~know~ I can get a group with. It's kind of sad atm, I feel like EQ is dying somehow.. losing people. I sincerely hope this isn't so as I have only played for 1 year and I want to see it all.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
Levels and AAs are always in my mind, as well as completing PoP Progression.. but I mainly want to see more of Norrath and just have fun in general. I already have epic 1.0.. Epic 1.5 is started, but not a priority for me. I would like to lvl my chanter sometime to be able to get those AAs for more tradeskills above 200, Salvage etc. But also not in a hurry for that.. I don't want to be the tradeskill freak or anything. (although I may have passed that point, already)

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I live in South Florida, so Eastern time zone. I'm a stay-at-home-mom so I play EQ all day, everyday ... with AFK's to wipe noses, faces, hands and butts.. and to feed them sometimes lol. I usually log in between 8 and 10 a.m. eastern (after checking out message boards and catching up, looking at Alla for things I could do today, etc). I used to be quite the night owl, but because my older child started Kindergarten this year, I need to generally log off somewhat early Sunday night - Thursday Night. (Early being midnight eastern for me lol) Can't kill the night owl entirely! If I am on a raid, I stay as late as need be to complete it, but by 2 a.m. I have to call it quits. I get up at 6:30!

-Please list your alts on this server (just names).
Anielle, Serinae, Larke, Sabari, Laori,and Maia. At the moment, I only play Zady (if you consider hanging out in PoK for hours on end 'playing') and Serinae does the tradeskills (my enchanter). Laori and Maia are bazaar traders (I have so much foraged stuff I needed to load 2 characters down with trader satchels).. the rest are idle alts. I only have the one account, so never more than one on at a time.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.
When I first started EQ, I had actively scoured the Sony Forums for a newbie-friendly guild. I had already been in contact with Guardians of the Throne via their messgae boards for about 3 weeks prior to even having EQ installed, so I was guilded immediately with my lvl 6 (fresh out of tutorial) character. I remained with them for a few months, made many friends that I still talk to today. Unfortunately, they are strictly a family guild.. no raiding at all, no progression. By the time I was lvl 52 I was basically the highest level character in the guild and looking for more. The other members were tradeskilling (at the time I saw no point in tradeskills) or not playing on this server at all (GoTT was actually formed as a get-away guild for people with mains on other servers) .. and I was running out of people to group with in my level range. Heck, the guild leaders were still in their 30's or so, level-wise. The result of me running out of options and a personal issue with an Officer in the guild prompted me to take my leave from GoTT. -- Note, they have since started actively recruiting higher levels, but they still remain a family guild with little to no raiding --
I was guildless for a little bit (playing my cleric by this time since she got the most group invites) and made some other friends that I started grouping with regularly. One friend in particular strongly encouraged me to join a guild being led by one of her RL friends. So, I went and joined <Systematic Chaos>.
I was only in SC for about a month. My friend and the guild leader had RL issues and both stepped away from each other. The guild leader stopped playing to take a break, and my friend left the guild entirely.. leaving me behind =(. But, on the bright side... 2 very good friends came out of Sys Chaos. I left the guild eventually because it basically died out.
I was once again guildless.. started grouping with people in Malum Ordo. After about 2 - 3 weeks of pestering, I finally agreed to join MO in December 2004. I was leery at first.. having been hurt by having to leave the previous guilds. I wasn't promised anything more than some new friends and some new adventures. I also missed the spam of guild chatter scrolling past my window.
I love MO, and I wish things could have been better... but recently the guild leaders had to take a leave of absence from the game. They have been gone about a month now and we've since lost so many members, and the new ones that joined are all so greedy and me-me-me. We don't get attendance necessary for raids, and then we get whined at that we are progressing fast enough. (I was an Officer in the guild.. acting as substitute guild-leader).. but I don't see any way to fix this, not with my limited experience and being dropped into this position so suddenly.
I'm personally not cut out to lead the raids the guild wants, and quite frankly an overall feeling of apathy had settled into the general membership. The guild had lost it's original appeal to me, with all the new members that I hardly knew.. and people seeming to be going in their own directions.

So yes, I have been a member of 3 guilds in a year and 3 months. I hope that doesn't qualify me as a guild hopper. I felt I gave all I could to every guild, and stuck it out as long as humanly possible. I want to find that guild that is just 'right' for me and one I feel won't be disbanding within the next few months.

-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.

I am currently not guilded in any guild, on any character. I removed myself from Malum Ordo on Sept 5th, 2005. It was a tough break-away for me. I miss being part of a guild... but I also steady myself with the knowledge that the Malum Ordo I had joined many many months ago, is not the same Malum Ordo I had left.

Your Experience with CN
I haven't had many experiences with CN to date... pick up raids here and there. I like the efficiency of these raids, when usually pick-ups are quite the mess. I keep my mouth shut, and my eyes open on these raids.. and I like the way they have been run.

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.
As stated before, pick up raids. Most recently Terris Thule and 3 of the Sol Ro Minis that I could stay up for. Both events led by Jhereg and tanked by Truthseeker. If I have grouped with people on any of my alts and have forgotten, my apologies. I sometimes say my memory is swiss cheesy at best.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I would like to join an established guild that isn't hard core like some others out there. I love to raid as much as possible, but the flexibility to miss one won't result in punishment. (I usually only miss raids because I am unable to log in due to RL obligations ( bah, PTA), power outages and hurricanes -yikes- lol)
I want to get back into a closely-knit guild.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?
I would think the ultimate goal for anyone applying would be to get in hehe. But all kidding aside, I want to once again be able to enjoy the game. I can still remember how it felt the first time I completed a quest, finished my epic... I want to be able to feel that warm-n-fuzzy again. That's all I really want from this guild. Make new friends, see new things. And to look forward to logging in everyday.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No)
Yes I have read and understand the rules. They are actually quite similar to Malum Ordo's rules.

I want to say thank you for reviewing my application.. I know rangers are a dime a dozen, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying this class so much.
If for any reason I am not what the guild might be interested in, I thank you for the opportunity to apply.
View my junkie magelo:
Magelo - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1192679

Edited to refect AA and Flag changes since original posting of application
Last edited by Zady on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:21 am

Pretty darn good app I must say.

I want to be able to feel that warm-n-fuzzy again

Hook, line, and sinker.

Elomar is our warm and fuzzy guy, all the guild women call him snuggles, the guys just put him in that "Other" category.

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:58 am

Nice app, I look forward to meeting you in game.

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:04 am

Very nice app, Zady. Please get with us ingame and get our apps channel info and autojoin it. That's where we stay in touch, hang out, get to know each other, and all that. We have a purposefully slow apps process - generally taking two to three weeks depending on votes and other factors - so please be patient. That being said ... Welcome. :) Looking forward to knowing you.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:14 am

Hi!

Are you related to Qmaus? Just teasin' as he's one of the few guildies more long-winded than myself ;) Seriously though, great app! It is always nice to get an idea of someone as a person rather than just clicking the magelo (which I make it a point not to do).

I can't wait to meet you! See you around Norrath :)
Silly

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:40 pm

Thank you all for reveiwing my app. Yes, I can be long winded when I post. Just scroll past the blah blah blah part and read the important things in the future.

I admit to slacking and not really being in-game today. I was hiding out on my trader while running errands. I will look for an Officer (have all names written down that were listed at the end of the rules / regulations) and find out about the applicant's channel.

Looking forward to speaking with you all soon!

Zady
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:15 am

I sent you a PM with the channel info so you can just join next time you're online ;) Btw, long-winded isn't a bad thing...if it is, they'd have kicked me out of CN lonnnng ago!

OH and btw, before I forget again:

it seems EQ is lacking in people who want rangers to group

Just ask Edhil how much I love rangers! She's traditionally my multipurpose tank, slower, puller, backup healer, dps and well...basically anything I'm in need of when setting up a group. I nearly had a heart attack when she wasn't online yesterday and I was trying to make a group :lol: My favorite ldon ever was a combination of rangers, druids, & me. What a blast :D

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:21 am

I sometimes say my memory is swiss cheesy at best.

Do you have Chocolate too?? Chocolate. Oooh Chocolate.. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!! I"M OUT!!!

Ok enough with my blabbering. WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL MOST EXCELLENT APP!!!! I really enjoyed reading it, and I hope to see you in game soon!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:15 am

hiyas Zady ! loved your App.. seems like i know you already .. WHERE have u been ??? lol.. hope to group with u soon .. take cares

HUGS
Sno