Shaman, lvl 70

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Kyriaki
Whee!

Shaman, lvl 70

Postby Kyriaki » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:33 am

-Name - Kyriaki
-Class - Shaman
-Level - 70
-How many AAs? - 443
-Is this character a main or an alt? - Main
-List which keys and flags you have. - EP, Time, KT
-Do you have a clicky buff item? - multiple
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? - permanent EB

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class? - unmatched versatility
-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? Raiding, raiding, raiding then more raiding.
-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like? Raid then XP
-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. - Short term is to return to EP/Time, finish gathering Glowing Runes. Long Term, eventually see Anguish.
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? - PST 5pm PST - 11:45pm PST M-F with weekends starting much much earlier.
-Please list your alts on this server (just names). - None
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave. - Coven Nex (guild disbanded) and Sequel (diverging opinions as to what defines certain behaviors.)
-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Goofydoofy as I was guilded with him for a time and XP/Raided together multiple times.
-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? CN is a rare guild on Maelin that is doing end PoP/early GoD content which coincides with my current position in the game progression
-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded? I hope to get a guild that strives to move steadily forward and values strong, solid, determined and aggressive players.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes

Comments - I am aggressive player with a very strong understanding of game mechanics and encounters extending up into OoW. I XP hard and I raid hard and there are times I will come off as harsh and terse. It's who I am. If you need a shaman who excells at his class and puts forth alot of time and effort, that would be me.

Skratz
Almost as hot as Diz!

Postby Skratz » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:43 am

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class? - unmatched versatility

Sorry im gunna have to disagree with ya there 8).

However, nice to see your app, and hope to meet you in game.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
Now residing in WoW

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:52 am

Hiyas!!

Great to see your app, just wanted to give a friendly reminder that we are a family oriented guild, and although we raid, we only raid 3-4 times a week, instead of the usual 7 most high end guilds raid.

there are times I will come off as harsh and terse. It's who I am.

and hopefully this won't happen, because I get my feelers hurt easily, :)

Good to see your app, hope to see you in game.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:19 am

there are times I will come off as harsh and terse. It's who I am.

Translation…Please don’t hate me because I’m a prick.

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:28 am

its been read and opinion given) no use leaving it up for the world
Last edited by unikyte on Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyriaki
Whee!

Postby Kyriaki » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:34 am

You misunderstand when I say I can come off as harsh and terse...it's not all the time and it doesn't happen for no reason. It's also not a matter of "dont hate me because I'm a prick". I'm not a prick, I'm quite helpful actually and will go and do darn near anything. There are situations, however, where I will be blunt. Some dont mind, some do.

Szork
Whee!

Postby Szork » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:51 am

I too am somewhat blunt, and confident in my own knowledge of the game. To me, "blunt" has two meanings, though: 1) you communicate quickly and efficiently, or 2) you speak without regard to how someone else perceives it. As long as you're advertising the first of these interpretations, you should get along fine.

We do place a very high value on respect of fellow guildmate, even when they may be wrong. As CN's raid leader, I've never had to call anyone an idiot, or otherwise intentionally make them feel bad (excepting Oramorph, I tease him mercilessly). It's more effective to positively reinforce than negatively punish.

Kyriaki, I appreciate your application. Based on your application, it seems that you are very progression oriented, and wish to raid a lot (not that I have a problem with that). As Saphirone pointed out, please keep in mind that we raid 3 times a week (sometimes 4) and our progression rate is moderate. We do not rush through content, we play to enjoy the game.

If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, then by all means we'll continue with the application process.

-Szork Shadowmyst

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Application

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:17 pm

I spoke with him at length before he posted his application. He knows what we are raiding, our goals and values. He isn't looking for AD 7 days a week raiding to finish the end game stuff as fast as possible. I made it all clear and he was very interested.

As for being blunt or a prick, do we really want to call somebody a prick? Unless of course there is a history behind that comment.

I have never seen him insult or demean anybody. Then again, that doesn't mean he won't or isn't a prick. My whole point here is to not start making conclusions about somebody and start calling them names without getting to know them and having something to base it on.

Somebody should give him the app channel and password (Since I forgot the password) and lets start getting a real idea of who he is and how he plays.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Quait
Whee!

Postby Quait » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:54 pm

Szork summed it up well, but will add

The application reads heavily toward raiding and progression, but like goofy said, we need to group and raid with you to get a true understanding of your personality.. I respect the honesty in the application btw

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:11 pm

My remarks were based on the application I read. No offense meant, just first impressions. But you have to admit even after re-reading, the punch line was a statement of superior attitude with superb skills. Lets just see if we are the right guild for you.

Sasava

??

Postby Sasava » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:06 pm

Let me start by saying if you wanted a Shaman that KNOWS his class and can play to the full extent of his char then this is your person. Kyr is by far one of the best Shamans I have ever met. I am amazed at the slamming of him on an open forum when all he did was apply and show confidence. Not classy.

His abrassiveness is not something you will see unless you do something ignorant or completely stupid and then you will see a comment here or there. JUST like everyone else. His comment about being that way was only to inform you, which shows a good app imo.

Anyway he has 100% of my support as to him being a great player, you will find none better. Just wanted to let you know from a person who knows him well.

Sasava Sasposhred

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:17 pm

Please let me start by saying that no one is trying to slam anyone here. We are all just trying to get a better understanding of everyone that applies to Celestial Navigators. And before this thread gets out of hand, and we end up deleting it, let's just re-iterate here.

We want to make sure that not only are you a good fit within the family of CN, But that also CN is a good fit for you.

I'm not saying you don't know your stuff, I'm just saying let's get together for raids and groups and see what happens.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII