A wandering lizard, full of good intentions

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Xril
Whee!

A wandering lizard, full of good intentions

Postby Xril » Mon May 23, 2005 10:08 am

(A cloaked humanoid walks up to the door of the Celestial Navigators main guildhall, slowly it's cloak draws open, revealing a rather bright pink colored armor underneath. Withdrawing the hood as he slips a letter into a box marked "Apply for Membership". Slowly drawing back the figure raises the hood once again, stepping off into the cool rain.)

To Whom It May Concern or Dear Celestial Navigators,

I come from the far off land of Kunark, some of you may know me...some may not. I am called Xril, I have been called thus ever since I was hatched from an egg in the Temple of Pain in Cabilis. Upon much traveling and adventuring I have been granted the surname GoldenEel.

I come to you as a member of the Shamans of Cabilis, honored as a Heyokah, carrier of the Skyiron Cudgel of the Ancients and attainer of the Spear of Fate. I bare the rank of circle 62 amongst my fellow allies and wish to become apart of your honored Guild.

I have entered the dungeons of Howling Stones, fought the beasts of Sebilis, explored beyond the locked doors of City of Mist, and been granted access to the lower depths of Lxanvrom. With the help of my Cudgel I am able to induce carnage in those around me and increase their prowess in battle!

I ask for the honor of walking along side of all of you because I enjoy helping those who need it. I revel in the ability to bring forth my talents in a useful manner...slowing the enemies so they are sluggish and sloth like, curing the wounds of those injured, and speaking with the spirits to grant my friends and allies strength in times of need. Though, after besting many enemies I enjoy sitting down around a small fire...sharing stories, hearing from those I call friends and family...enjoying the company of my fellow adventurers in any situation. That is what truly makes the experience of living this life, worthwhile to me.

Though I am not one to be off running about at all times, I try to do as much as I can for those I know. Help them when they need it, seek out to find the items they require when they can not be around. However, most of my time is spent in small talk or friendly conversation...learning new things and exploring new areas that I can. Often times I am by myself for lack of finding a friend or ally to spend time with, doing what must be done...helping rid the land of vile evil with my trusty spirit wolf by my side. Guardian and forever there...

This all tends to take place in what some would call "West Coast" time zones...though the only west I know of is the city of Qeynos on Antonica, and then Odus...so I am baffled by this expression often. Though I am on in the early mornings, I am oft to spend more time in the evenings soon...or during the time at which I am not burdened with mundane tasks. (work)

There are many others that have shared my spirit, Tandayn, Surelly, and Xanoz, to name a few. None have grown in strength more than I though, my time with this soul is the most reknowned.

Though I come to you still bearing the title of my previous family, Fellowship of Vazaelle, I was in a guild named Emerald Knights of Honor before they themselves went the way of the wind and were no more. I have been in the Fellowship ever since and grown with them from very early on. I now hold their title and name to show the honor I had in being apart of them and the sadness it brings me to leave them. I ask to hold it until the last days where I must shed it and become apart of a new to carry that love and honor with me through my trials. I leave them now, for only the reason that they too are seeming to scatter into the wind and the few that remain travel the land when the sun is in a much different area of the sky. They will always be in my heart however and my memories and roots lay burried there.

I chose to seek new friends in your Guild because I have known some of those who already spread the happy tales and enjoyment of being amongst your ranks. I have always had you in my mind as a goal to strive towards becoming a part of if anything were ever to change my sitting in the Fellowship of Vazaelle.

Some fond faces I can point out are; Silly, whom I met when I was but a tender lizard near the circle of 20. She showed me great kindness, when my kind are not usually liked, and gave me knowledge that I greatly needed. She forever has become apart of my closest friends in the world of Norrath. Lanyder would be another name I know amongst your ranks. I met him long ago in the Fellowship and had grown up knowing his name, being around him, and seeking his friendship. He has always been someone I rather looked upon fondly and looked up to when I was growing. A gentle voice and wise council when I needed it most. Pallistous, although not as well known...I met him on a vile trip into the Plane of Nightmares. Having known Silly and the reputation of your Guild for so long I decide to strike up conversation. Soon I was offering him my help if ever he needed it and in return he offered his. Later in my life I asked for the needed help and he was gladly willing to assist. This put him and the Guild in a much fonder place than it already was. He is a man of his word and helped more than I think he may even realize. I also have come in contact with many others of the guild, but I doubt many remember me. The names that stick in my mind however are Roladena, who I shared a few conversations with and her Surname of EvadedYou always made me laugh. She was kind when an iksar she probably didn't even remember always seemed to wave and hug her. Jhereg, who I ran into when with Silly one day and spent a time or two along side fighting in Nedaria's Landing. Also Galarina, who shared that same group, though it was ended if only after an hour by the fact all needed to press on...and I was not yet strong enough to venture beyond a mysterious invisible field.

I may have stated earlier, but my choice is clear in my mind. I have come to you offering my services so that I may apply myself to help you and to be helped. My goal is to be an ally in dark times, friend if at all possible, and achieve a place in your family. Power, wealth, and artifacts....those are worth nothing if I can not share them with friends. I hope to bring honor to the name Celestial Navigators and prove to be a useful friend. I seek nothing other than acceptance and wonderful people to be around. I believe I have found those people here...

I have thoroughly read your policies and keep a copy with me at all times. I believe they are in line with my own thoughts and are not something I will have to bend myself to agree with.

Regardless of what may come of this, I wish you all the best...
May the paths you lead take you to greatness, fill you with joy, bring happiness to your hearts, and pave the way for those to follow. My thoughts are with you wherever I go...

Xril GoldenEel
Heyokah of the 62nd Circle
Last edited by Xril on Mon May 23, 2005 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Secksiee
Two-Faced

Postby Secksiee » Mon May 23, 2005 10:19 am

Oh wow, Awesome App !!!!
Drewyd Van`Trellis
Secksiee Shadestepper
Retired Celestial Navigator
~~~~
Bryare Solimar
Trademaster of Legacy on Unrest
Eq II

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Mon May 23, 2005 10:47 am

What a good read!

I dont know you, but this was one h*** of an application. All answers answered and in a way that made me want to read on. Are you a writer? what is your books? (it wouldnt be commersials since I asked :p)

Only thing that I reacted on was "(work)". You didnt need to state it explisit hehe.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon May 23, 2005 10:55 am

I <3 XRIL!

Oh how I've longed for the day I'd see this application!!!!!!! How can anyone NOT like this guy, er, Iksar.

Xril is fearless. What lizzard would be confident enough to wear neon pink armor instead of trying to lurk behind the shadows? 8)

Xril is a lizzard of honor. Yeah, like one of the 6. Why not have them all in the same guild? :wink:

Intellegent and always willing to learn new things, or partake in any adventure that presents itself, he's also loads of fun.

I can't wait for everyone here to get to know you hun :) So glad to see this, it seems like only yesterday we were discussing the Solstice earring in the bazaar :) Or remember the time I thought I'd do something nice and got you a bp, only to find out that it had a required level and that you couldn't wear it anyway? I still feel bad about that btw, even if you have outgrown it by now, hehe.

Well I won't say much more, but let these people find out for themselves what kinda leezard you are! WEEEEEEEE!

BIG HUGS,
Sil

Lanyder
Whee!

woot

Postby Lanyder » Mon May 23, 2005 12:10 pm

Woot! I am so glad to see your App, Xril. I am so glad that the others here will get a chance to see what a great Iksar you are. :) I know that you will enjoy getting to know everyone as well. I hope to catch up with you online soon!

Qmaus
Whee!

Re: A wandering lizard, full of good intentions

Postby Qmaus » Mon May 23, 2005 1:28 pm

Xril wrote:(A cloaked humanoid walks up to the door of the Celestial Navigators main guildhall, slowly it's cloak draws open, revealing a rather bright pink colored armor underneath. Withdrawing the hood as he slips a letter into a box marked "Apply for Membership". Slowly drawing back the figure raises the hood once again, stepping off into the cool rain.)

A small figure slips out of the shadows near the guild hall entrance as the stranger walks away, hints of moonlight reflecting off the trinkets in his palm.

"Hmm, a new app, eh? Looks to be a shaman. Very nice, very nice indeed."

The dwarf glances at his palm again.

"Hehe, well, I hope he waits a few hours before opening his purse again."

Nice app, Xril. A lovely read. Looking forward to meeting you. I promise I'll try to rein in my cleptomania next time. :twisted:

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon May 23, 2005 7:13 pm

/snicker, I like you already!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Xril
Whee!

Re: A wandering lizard, full of good intentions

Postby Xril » Tue May 24, 2005 5:44 am

Qmaus wrote:
A small figure slips out of the shadows near the guild hall entrance as the stranger walks away, hints of moonlight reflecting off the trinkets in his palm.

"Hmm, a new app, eh? Looks to be a shaman. Very nice, very nice indeed."

The dwarf glances at his palm again.

"Hehe, well, I hope he waits a few hours before opening his purse again."

Nice app, Xril. A lovely read. Looking forward to meeting you. I promise I'll try to rein in my cleptomania next time. :twisted:

As the figure walks away the spirit of a wolf brushes up beside him, making a shallow grumbling sound. The figure smiles beneath his hood and looks down, petting what would appear to be the air. He gives a nod and speaks slowly, "Ahh, I see...well if it fills his belly with good drink and a warm meal then it was better spent hmm?" He gives off a raspy laugh as he continues walking on with the transluscent wolf beside him.

Xril
Whee!

Thank you very much

Postby Xril » Tue May 24, 2005 10:17 am

I'd like to thank you all for the wonderful comments. I really just sort of went with the flow and appreciate it immensly. I took my time and wanted to get the answers out there...thank you again.

Take care all and I wish you wondrous adventures,

Xril GoldenEel

Venayven
Whee!

Postby Venayven » Tue May 24, 2005 12:10 pm

WOW that is one awesome app .. What a way to capture one's attention ..

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu May 26, 2005 10:12 am

I gave Xrilly a foxy title to go with his foxy application ;)

Xril
Whee!

Yay!

Postby Xril » Thu May 26, 2005 10:32 am

(laughs)

Thanks...I think?
Ahh, to be a lizard in pink...in spring...when the druids are in bloom and the trees are teleporting you to far off lands....

Postby Guest » Thu May 26, 2005 11:28 am

Nooooooooooooooooo.....dont stop.......write more....../cry I NEED MORE...SO...INTERESTED...THIS CANT BE AN APP...SAY ITS A BOOK...WHERE CAN I /cry BUY /sniffle IT...../sob

i do tons of reading and if im not interested in the first 3 lines its no good...hooked on the first 8 words
A cloaked humanoid walks up to the door

oh man...have you ever wrote a book...if not...DO...if so...WHERE CAN I BUY IT...............................

oh yea NICE APP...err story :)

P.S. im yelling in my mind :) very weird...best thing i have read in a long time...thank you for the awsome read and even better app

Omniox
Whee!

Postby Omniox » Thu May 26, 2005 11:30 am

omniox above...dont know why it didnt log me in...as if you didnt know it was me with all the ... in there im the only one that does that :)...