Homeless enchanter application

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Nyrial
Whee!

Homeless enchanter application

Postby Nyrial » Sat May 21, 2005 7:39 am

The Basics about me

Name, class and level
I'm (un?)known in Norrath as Nyrial De'Mairi, an enchanter of the 68th level. I also respond to "Hey You" or various other names that have been bestowed on me by myself or my friends.

Enduring Breath item
I do have an enduring breath item which is shared among characters and kept in the bank for them to use. Altho I may decide to augment it at some point so I'm not losing so m any stats, or possibly stop hoarding my points and just purchase an aug.

Keys and Flags
Non planar- Old Sebilis, Charasis, Shrine Key to Cobalt Scar-Do you have a clicky buff item?
Planar- I have completed all 6 PoJ trials, Alternate Sol Ro access, BoT access, HoH alt access, I have my factory key and have killed Manaetic Behemoth

Clicky Buff items
I currently have in my posession: Fabled Journeymans boots, a Fabled Shrunken Goblin Skull earring and The Staff of the Serpent

Getting more in depth, altho some people dont want to go this far into my brain.

I enjoy playing an enchanter partially because I love chaos and bringing it under control, and also for the playing options it provides me, I dont solo often, because I'm a wuss, but I like that the option is there for me.

What I enjoy most about eq is grouping up with friends and having a wild, go crazy group, lately its been in DoN or MPG, but just about anywhere is fine. I also enjoy raiding on a non mandatory basis with organized players, my early starts in raiding were bad experiences, but now I enjoy it, I'm still an inexperienced raider, but if I know whats going to happen, I can figure out whats expected of me, and if I cant, then I ask. Finishing quests is fun, and I wont lie either, I also enjoy just goofing off in the guildhall or in pok.

My playtime right now has been limited by my work and my physical health, I'm not sick so much as I'm very very tired, and have been having a hard time staying up super late nights, as when I have to work, I have to be up at 5am, and dragging beefcake around on the front of my poor tired body is starting to drain my energy.

A normal evening for me consists of logging on eqim to see who's on, then I typically log into eq about 4pm (I'm EST) or so, after which I sit around and talk to people until enough logged on to get a group going, then whoever is around groups up to go get some exp, and if we have time we run a couple missions, lately I've been logging super early, around 8:30 est, but this is temporary, typically I'm on till 1 or 1 est otherwise.

I'm happy with being 68 at this time, I've been working on aa, slowly, but they're coming. I have a goal at this time of about 100 or so more aa till I start leveling again, its going to take awhile, but its not like level 69 and 70 spell runes drop like candy, altho I might get 69 just to go to RSS. I've been working on my 1.5, slowly, its not something I expect to finish anytime soon, as I finally got my 1.0 after about 3 years, and I'll be honest, the only reason I got it was because the prequest for the 1.5 without it was a larger pain that getting the epic.

Alts
I have so many alts that get deleted before they see 30 that its sad, but my highest and the only one I would never delete is a 52 gnome warrior named Mtiny, shes my barbie doll and I like to play dress up with her, at this point she'll never grow into her gear though.

Past guilds
My most recent guild, and the one that was hardest to leave was Clan Breathnach. They're an outstanding group of people and were my eq family for the past almost 2 years. I chose to leave because of numbers, with the introduction of WoW and EQ2 we took a huge hit, and no longer have the people to do much progressionwise. Before CBN there were a couple smaller family type guilds, the now defunct Dawn of Sovereignty, which many of their members left and joined Clan when their numbers dwindled. I cant remember much further back than them. Its been a long few years.

Your Experience with CN

I probably do know more people in CN than I realize, but I've been out of the loop for about a year and a half, so if I dont remember, please forgive me, I know a couple members left Clan and joined CN. The reason I have decided to apply to your guild is because progressionwise, I will be able to catch up and what attracts me to CN is that you know that RL comes before a game, always, and wont require my mandatory attendance at raids, or that I be on a certain number of times a week .. My RL is more important to me than Everquest, altho my EQ family plays a big part in my life. There will be upcoming demands on my time in the next month, my boyfriend and I are expecting our first child in June, but I'll be getting more sleepless nights, so that will help with the playtime. Once I finally find a family to join, I hope to get some flags under my belt, I'm not looking for loot, as I cant participate as much as I'd like to. At some point in my eq career, hopefully before they raise the level cap to 75, I'd like to finish my 1.5,

CN Rules and Policies
-I have read the Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them.

Tkann
Whee!

Postby Tkann » Sat May 21, 2005 7:48 am

Yay Nyrial :D glad to see you apping :)
Let's suppose we all have cows! Ladies and gentlemen: this is totally awesome. Now we all have cows!

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Sat May 21, 2005 12:44 pm

Hi, Nyrial! Looking forward to meeting you (and dragging you into the revamped castle mistmoore with me, muahahahaha! ) :twisted:

Don't worry, I can drag a corpse out of any portion of that zone, np :P

I ran across a homeless enchanter once. He begged me for some spare change, so I stole some plat from a passerby and gave it to him. He was so grateful he gave me a kei. Now if I only had a mana pool to use it with...oh well.

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Sun May 22, 2005 7:01 am

Hi Nyrial. Thank you for your app and interest in CN. If you haven't already, get with us ingame and get into our apps channel. That's where we all meet, hang out, and get to know each other. You may immediately join us on all raids, groups, and guild events. Looking forward to meeting and knowing you.

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Sun May 22, 2005 11:22 am

Hey all, I've had some things come up over the past 24 hours that are sorely going to be affecting my playtime, and I'd like to temporarily withdraw my application, I wont be quitting EQ entirely, but it wont be fair to a new guild to join and then disappear. I want to say thank you for the warm welcome, and I hope that when I'm able to play again that I will be able to reapply, I'm not going to be applying anywhere else in the meantime. My apologies too for the confusion the past couple of days, my bf has taken a liking to boxing the enchanter, go figure. I just wanted to post and let you all know the situation, and know that I'm not trying to ignore the app process, but RL just sort of bumped in the way suddenly.

Galarina
Recruiting

Postby Galarina » Sun May 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Well, we thank you for keeping us informed and certainly respect your decision. No apology necessary. If things change and you decide you still wanna app, we'll be here. Thank you Nyrial.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon May 23, 2005 8:18 am

Ditto what Gala says, though I really enjoyed reading your application. Once RL settles down for you, don't be afraid to shoot a tell, I'd love to get to know ya'! You seem quite fun :)
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod