Old School Mage

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
jimbop
Whee!

Old School Mage

Postby jimbop » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Your Main Character: Jimbop

Account type: (gold, silver or f2p): Silver but plan to eventually turn gold once I level up

-Name: Jimbop
-Class: Mage
-Race: Gnome
-Level: 85
-Number of AAs: 1240 or so (game is down so hard to get an exact count) and 39 I can't spend til I go gold

-Magelo Number (if you have one): 221279 but it is extremely out of date

-List which keys and flags you have:

If it is before SoD, chances are I have it. If it is after, most likely no.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):

Jaelea, 72 warrior on Jimbop account
Sellax, 81 cleric on other account

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):
I enjoy pretty much everything about EverQuest, especially raiding. However, I long ago lost the time to raid as much as I would like to do.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
My short term goal is to get up to level 105. My long term goal is to not burn out again and have fun.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
Currently, it is whenever I have the free time. This will vary throughout the days. I am in EST.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. (must met all requirements to raid so only answer this question if you met them all)
Most likely I would not be raiding much, if at all. The only raids I would ever be able to make would be on Saturday nights as I work 2nd shift during the week.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
Most Recent to Distant:

1. Tribal Fury - I was guilded with TF for quite a while then retired with them. The guild basically folded and is only left on retired characters and a couple characters still randomly logging in.
2. Triality - I was a member of Triality during a short rebuilding period and was a dedicated hardcore raider with them for about half a year. It was then that my job switched me from 1st shift to 2nd and I could no longer raid so had to leave.
3. Eye of the Deceiver - I was a member with them for about 5 years, an ofrficer for at least 2 of them. I was regularly a 60%+ raider the entire time I was with them. After many times building ourselves up and advancing just to suffer another mass debanding and rebuilding, all of our dedicated core got tired of being demoted to Time raids for the 41058218923321984th time and we disbanded before setting foot in there again.
4. Nomadic Knights - We were a small family style guild that tried to become a family raiding guild. I was in them for maybe 1-2 years, I forget how long. I also was an officer here. The raiding aspirations caused an exodus of players to form another guild, which quickly folded. I moved on to another because I did not care to follow the drama any longer.
5. I was in two small guilds before this, but I cannot remember their names at this point. It has been way too long. Lol.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
I still have the Tribal Fury tag for the guild portal.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Jumjam, Goofy, Tarvas, Fnord, and a bunch of other current and past players. I am very familiar with CN from my past playing time.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
My biggest reason for my application is familiarity. If I am going to succeed in my comeback to EQ, it isn't going to be to come on as a solo player. I want to know people and be able to communicate with others I used to play with, and what better way to do that than to join CN?

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
Fun. Nothing more and nothing less.

-Have you read the CN Rules, Policies and Looting (CNP) outlines and understand them?
Yes

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? Work, father, etc...

-Where are you from? New York. (not the city)

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Blue

Meso
Whee!

Re: Old School Mage

Postby Meso » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:23 pm

Welcome back to Norrath

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Good to see it, bud.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

jimbop
Whee!

Postby jimbop » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:34 am

I forgot how slow leveling is. Lol. Almost level 86 now.

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:42 pm

jimbop wrote:I forgot how slow leveling is. Lol. Almost level 86 now.
No worries -- we're not going anywhere! ;)

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:29 pm

PM sent with information good to see your app and talk more in game. thanks Bit
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

jimbop
Whee!

Postby jimbop » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 pm

[quote="Glauri"][quote="jimbop"]I forgot how slow leveling is. Lol. Almost level 86 now.[/quote]No worries -- we're not going anywhere! ;)[/quote]

Yeah it is nice to still see an old Vazaelle guild still going strong after all this time. I know your guild has a lot of years on it at this point. I had actually thought of applying here on two different occasions, once before I joined EoTD and once before TF. And now here I am finally. Lol.

On a side note, I did think of one of the small guilds I was in before Nomadic Knights. It was some small guild called Alternate Eclipse. We had a family section of the guild and a section that wanted to raid. The raiding portion went to Agony after we disbanded. I thought about going there but was not ready for hardcore raiding at that point.

Bilnick
Whee!

Postby Bilnick » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Do you still have the Earring of Living Slime?

Jimbop is a good player and guildie.

jimbop
Whee!

Postby jimbop » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:24 pm

[quote="Bilnick"]Do you still have the Earring of Living Slime?

Jimbop is a good player and guildie.[/quote]

Hiya Bilnick! Good to see you.

Yes I still have my EoLS. It will always be my claim to fame no matter how strong the gear level gets. Lol. I still have a Sceptre of Destruction too on my warrior alt. I used to have two of them but gave one away a long time ago.