Takinthebus Application 105 Wiz

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Tampa03cobra
Whee!

Takinthebus Application 105 Wiz

Postby Tampa03cobra » Sat May 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Application for Membership

Your Main Character:Takinthebus

Account type: (gold, silver or f2p):Gold

-Name: Takinthebus
-Class: Wizard
-Race: High Elf
-Level: 105
-Number of AAs: 8008

-Magelo Number (if you have one):

-List which keys and flags you have: TDS group progression complete; TBM first progression set complete (have mirror)

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):Kennebell (105 Bard), Darkoan (100 Shaman), Goobey (97 Enchanter); I'm constantly adding alts, and am willing to bring any of the box army in to lend a hand when needed.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc): Having last played during the VoA era, I am really a fan of doing the new (to me when I came back) heroic adventures in COTF. At first I had to find help to complete them, as I wasn't geared properly. I met friends, worked hard, and geared up/leveled some support boxes and now I am able to pay that help forward to others. I have been playing EQ on and off since 1999 (On terris thule/Karana originally), what keeps me coming back is the companionship/camaraderie you feel with friends you meet on the game, there is nothing like it that I have ever experienced.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character: Short term goal, fill out some of my non-visibles with Arx group gear now that I'm flagged, as well as fill out some of the AA areas which could use additional enhancement. My long term goals are more aligned with learning from Jimbob and the other CN wizards in area's like rotation and different support areas wizards can offer that I may not be aware of.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? Weeknights from 930pm-12am and weekends from 9pm-4am. If need be can log in earlier.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. (must met all requirements to raid so only answer this question if you met them all): 33%

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave: Celestial Navigators (Real life changes); Dragonlords- Was guilded up until today, they are a great group and I left under great circumstances. I have many people there I call friend and continue to do so, however I felt it was time to try to come back to CN, like I set out to do when I came back.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: Takin joined up with Dragonlords when I first came back, as the guild is friendly to those who recently returned. I'm on excellent terms with the entire membership and the officers understand my intention was if I ever got myself back up to max level I would eventually want to return to CN (I figured if I couldn't make that kind of commitment, it wasn't worth wasting the guilds time in reapping).

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?: Jimbob and I have spent a good amount of time together since I came back, great guy. Littlabit remembers me from the old days, since my name was quite literally impossible to spell for raid invites.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? I am a former member of CN. Back during the VoA era I applied and was made a member on my ranger Thithiowrath. Those were great times that I truly enjoyed. Eventually my wife got pregnant with our first child and I thought I had to move on from EQ for good, so I passed my main on to a RL friend who plays him on another server to this day. However many things changed for the better and now I'm in a position where I can play EQ again. After making a commitment to return to the family if I managed to get myself back to current, I accomplished that goal (0-105+All current TDS flagging).

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? First and foremost, I want to be in the same guild as some of the exceptional players I have met in the past and today. I remember fondly the community in CN being very compatible with what i want to do. Also, I'm at the point in playing that I really enjoy helping others more than I do acquiring loot for myself, so the ability to be in a guild that raids vs a raid group that happens to be a guild is really the next step I feel will keep me interested. Even if I don't get to raid often (I manage regional and global projects so sometimes I have weeks I can't play), I'd really like to be part of the group again.

-Have you read the CN Rules, Policies and Looting (CNP) outlines and understand them? Yes I have, and yes I do.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? Business Analyst for Financial Institution

-Where are you from? Tampa, FL

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Grey

Littlabit
Meanie

Re: Takinthebus Application 105 Wiz

Postby Littlabit » Sat May 07, 2016 5:01 pm

Good to see you app read your PM and talk more in game thanks Bit
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Tampa03cobra
Whee!

Re: Takinthebus Application 105 Wiz

Postby Tampa03cobra » Mon May 09, 2016 6:51 pm

Wanted to thank several CN members for the opportunity to group today!

Jaia and Mutter and I tore up the heroic adventure in Thulisar Island. We left no chicken unfried.

Then later that day Jimbob and I decided to see if Arx Mentis was too full of named, and it turns out it was. Thankfully we were able to remedy that problem in short order, and much to my surprise we got a BP and an aug off the same named (thanks Jim).

Finally I was able to explore plane of shadow for the first time thanks to an invite from Hortonn and Saavana to join. We killed to many ghosts I'm thinking of quitting my job as an analyst and maybe becoming an exorcist.

Thanks for the fun today CN, hopefully I am able to meet even more of you in the future!