90th season, returning Shaman of the Tribunal.

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Shaoukahn Sunsanxian
Whee!

90th season, returning Shaman of the Tribunal.

Postby Shaoukahn Sunsanxian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Your Main Character
Shaoukahn Sunsanxian

Account type: (gold, silver or f2p):
Silver, gold once I finish moving. (within a couple weeks)

-Name: Shaoukahn Sunsanxian (call me Shaou, like sh+cow-c)
-Class: Shaman
-Race: Barbarian
-Level: 90
-Number of AAs: 1027

-Magelo Number (if you have one):
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/3465526

-List which keys and flags you have:
Many, they are listed in the magelo. Some I've forgotten, but they sound familiar and I may have completed them. Left the unknown blank, better safe than sorry.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Avenger Marvul Superhero/95/Paladin http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2404510
Gravelord Machin Shinanshadarmael/86/Shadow Knight http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2473910

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):

Honestly, and I know it borders on cliche, but I love all aspects. The crafting, the farming, the waiting for drops. The crazy groups, the not so crazy groups. Raiding, sitting in the pool, questing, exploring, soloing is tough, me and the tank merc Jimmikebob can only do so much ourselves, but it's still fun. It's why I've been playing for 11 years. It's one of the deepest MMO's I've ever played, and I have such fond memories.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
Shaou will one day rule Norath from a fur covered throne in Halas. He will be known as "Shaou, The Frozen Toes Who Never Knows"
Short Term, enjoyment. I will be starting medical classes soon and I really need a place I love to go, where I can unwind and challenge myself and still socialize. I'm not a big drinker, personal choice, I dislike imbibing anything that alters my state of mind. (its crazy enough as it is). But man o man, running in a group with a drunk tank, healer seeing double due to broken leg medication, a ranger that tests the limits of what could be considered a "tactical" pull...that was 4 hours of crazy that I'll never forget. It was so much fun.
Long term: I just wanna have fun, Raid, Flesh out my level and AA's and become a reliable member of the guild. I must admit, it's a totally selfish desire, The more the guild wants or needs me. The more I help them, The more I get to see norath and gain my short terms goals! the bonus is I'm helping the guild too!

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I will be a morning, but mostly evening game time. My classes are usually around 10am to 3-5pm mon-fri. I am CST.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. (must met all requirements to raid so only answer this question if you met them all) honestly, if I can make 100% of the raid, i'll be there. My classes and homework and job will come first, but i'd love to shoot for 50% at the lowest.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
oh lordie, 11 years of guilds...you wouldn't think it'd be that hard to remember.
Northern Cross: Tunare. was with them a couple years before they disbanded. I had a life crisis with a dying family member and couldn't get back online for several months. Came back and we were all but gone, nothing but an Alt guild.

Wraiths of Destruction: Tunare (eci?): Was there for a long time as well. 2 years? when PoP was new and shiny and fresh and kicking our collective Hinys. Left because our Guild Leader+Raid Leader was quite...vocal. He was hardcore. I was an adult being yelled at in Ventrillo like a child. I give respect, I expect a modicum of basic respect in return. He didn't have it. a couple months later while he was offline the guild disbanded. Lack of leadership destroyed us.

Vae Chaos Intium: loved the name, but it was a founding guild. No real grouping, no solid member count, definitely no raiding. The no grouping is what threw me, in prime moments there was enough members for 3 groups, but everyone sat in POK asking for groups. Eventually I ran as group coordinator and things were looking up, then our player base started leaving for raiding guilds after we got them geared and AA'd. Such is life.

Doomed Justice: is probably my most recent guild. My SK and Paladin are still there as placeholders. Me and a friend were brought in as new members, quickly ascended to coordinators and then to co-leaders/officers. It was great for a time, but life started getting rough for us, and our upper management started being online less and less. It drove our stress levels high, and started affecting our game time and our RL free time in a negative way. We put in a notice and took some time off. Came back and the leaders were sort of running, it was lethargic. But they were trying, and I could respect that. I started running a 3box group and rotating out members as i could. Dropping my boxes as members came online. Everything was looking up and solid. Then I lost my job, and the recession hit my home town. I moved a lot, sold a lot of things to keep the truck, was crashing on a different friends couch during the week so I didn't become a unemployed burden on anyone. Then a friend grabbed me and we moved across state, got a job. Got my bills caught up. Went to a community college and I've not stopped yet. Anyway, I ramble a bit. When everything was said and done and I came back, the guild didn't feel the same. It wasn't professional and casual, it was closer to a second job. Stress levels were running high, and I just can't handle when my free time turns into a second job with no pay. I'll play for hours and be all over the place, but when the fun is ripped from my hands, that's when i have an issue. I brought it up a couple times, but nothing seemed to work. So I took my main, said my goodbyes and logged off. Searching for fun times again.

And now I'm here. Just a Shaman, standing in front of a Guild, asking if they'll love me.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

Doomed Justice: My Paladin is a place holder for some reason i can't remember. So He will be removed shortly.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I actually have not met any of CN, I am looking forward to such. I have only been back online for about 4 days. That was spent remember my account details, macros, spells, UI situation (was such a dismal mess) and almost to the point i think i wont be a total waste of a group slot ;)

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
Your recruiter called out in POK chat, at first i wasn't sure. I was curious though, so I googled you. I truly liked what i read and I fervently hope it's all true. If you are all you say you are, and I am accepted, This could easily turn into my new home for infinity. Unless we have another wibbly wobbly timey wimey thing.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
Entertainment, Socialization, friends. Being a part of saving the world. Again. (what is it now? 14 times?)
On a serious note...I'm looking for Home.

-Have you read the CN Rules, Policies and Looting (CNP) outlines and understand them?
I have and I do.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? Right now I am an unemployed College student going to the University of Kansas for my Bachelors is Human Biology with a focus on the medical field.

-Where are you from?
Kansas. Well, born in Texas but really only lived there until I was 1. Then we moved to Kansas and I've been here ever since.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Majority Black, with lime green highlights. Dependent on current Role Play aspect. I'm also an artist so I literally adore all colours.

This got a lot longer than i anticipated, so I apologize for that there. Peace Be with you. Shard be your Blades, and Strong be your minds. May nothing ever find you unprepared.

/bow

Littlabit
Meanie

Re: 90th season, returning Shaman of the Tribunal.

Postby Littlabit » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:53 pm

PM sent with information, good to see your app and talk more in game. thanks Bit
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"